I Want To Be A Writer When I Grow Up

So, I thought I would start a blog to display some of my personal writings. I would love feed back on any or all of it! I welcome constructive criticism, or words of encouragement!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

TESTING

I was surprised two years ago when I administered the AIMS test to my 6th graders how much I missed standardized testing. I would rather take the test than observe students taking tests. :-) So here are my thoughts in a poem!


On the sidelines
Surprised feelings
Desiring to join in
Yet only being allowed to watch…
To observe…
Youthful games to
“Show what you know.”
Purpose versus power.
I choose purpose.
Walking AIMlessly.
I envy the #2s.
I covet the silent opportunity
To think and write
To bubble and contemplate
To report and ponder
Please! Please! Please!Just give ME the test!
-2008

No comments:

Post a Comment