I Want To Be A Writer When I Grow Up

So, I thought I would start a blog to display some of my personal writings. I would love feed back on any or all of it! I welcome constructive criticism, or words of encouragement!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

ANOTHER TESTING POEM

This is from last years AIMS testing! :-) Enjoy!

Today is examinations, the Arizona way.
I feel like I should wax poetic, on this special day.
I’d rather be home sleeping or reading in my chair,
Instead I’m vigilantly policing – life really isn’t fair!
I’m arduously trying to make this ordeal pleasant,
But students are despondent while engaging their brains at present.
I’m curious what would happen if I stood upon my head
On top of an enormous rhino, who slumbered on a bed.
The pupils probably wouldn’t notice anything out of place
They’d focus on their answer sheets or gaze out into space.
So I guess I’ll be content to rhyme and pen this measure –
Perhaps someday this creation will be someone’s literary treasure!
-2009

1 comment: