I Want To Be A Writer When I Grow Up

So, I thought I would start a blog to display some of my personal writings. I would love feed back on any or all of it! I welcome constructive criticism, or words of encouragement!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Campaign Song

Here's my prompt:
When candidates run for office, they often choose a theme song for the campaign. In 1932, Franklin Roosevelt chose “Happy Days Are Here Again.” John F. Kennedy had “High Hopes” in 1960. For his 1948 run for the presidency, Harry Truman picked “I’m Just Wile About Harry.” If you were running for office, what campaign song would get your vote? Why? If you can’t think of a current song, what would be the title of a NEW song? Why?

If I were running for election and had to choose a theme song, I would definitely have Donny Osmond and Jack Johnson sing the song together! Wouldn't that be awesome?!
And because I absolutely love Broadway music, I would have to choose a song from a Broadway show. I would vote for the song "This Is The Moment." The lyrics are perfect for a campaign, or any important choice you have to make. I wish I had written the words! They deserve to be heard, believed and felt by everyone!
This is the moment!
This is the day,
When I send all my doubts and demons
On their way!
Every endeavor,
I have made - ever -
Is coming into play,
Is here and now - today!
This is the moment,
This is the time,
When the momentum and the moment
Are in rhyme!
This is the moment,
When all I've done -
All the dreaming,
Scheming and screaming,
Become one!
This is the day -
See it sparkle and shine,
When all I've lived for
Becomes mine!
This is the moment -
My final test -
Destiny beckoned,
I never reckoned,
Second Best!
I won't look down,
I must not fall!
This is the moment,
The sweetest moment of them all!
When I look back,
I will always recall,
Moment for moment,
This was the moment,
The greatest moment
Of them all!

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative in your teaching. I am impressed. I love the words of your song. What musical is it from? I recently heard someone say, "I don't need demons to stop me. I have doubts." Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete