I Want To Be A Writer When I Grow Up

So, I thought I would start a blog to display some of my personal writings. I would love feed back on any or all of it! I welcome constructive criticism, or words of encouragement!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

BOOKS

Fall break is the perfect time to read books! And I have read a lot of them! Too many according to my husband, daughters and father.... but with that said, here's my poem expressing my adulation for books:

An extraordinary book is an intimate friend.
An enjoyable book is an exceptional playmate.
An enlightening book is a reliable comrade.
A motivational book is a dependable companion.
A melancholy book is a tender confident.
A dramatic book is an arousing buddy.
An ambiguous book is a mystifying neighbor.
A memoir book is a candid pal.
My attachment to books may be peculiar,
I treasure my captivating relationship with my books.
-2009

1 comment:

  1. I knew there was I reason we were so connected! I love this poem and agree with it whole heartedly! My thought..."Books, you can't have just one."

    ReplyDelete