I Want To Be A Writer When I Grow Up

So, I thought I would start a blog to display some of my personal writings. I would love feed back on any or all of it! I welcome constructive criticism, or words of encouragement!

Friday, October 23, 2009

AWARDS ASSEMBLIES

I went to awards assemblies all day on Monday (for my job.) While I was sitting there, I was feeling grateful that my daughters both got awards for being on the honor roll. They are excellent students. So I wrote the following poem:

Waiting for my daughter's name -
Enthusiastically listening -
Impressed by her achievement.
Other scholars are announced...
Their accolades are not why I'm here.
My beautiful child is beaming as she, too, waits.
I'm blessed to be here.
I'm honored to be her mother.
And still, I wait...
Then, her name is proclaimed.
I glow with pride.
Knowing that the true gratification is hers!
She earned the grades.
She labored diligently.
The honor belongs to her, alone.
I share in the joy because she is MY girl!

1 comment:

  1. One of the blessings of being a parent, it to watch your children do the things you have done (good and bad I suppose ;-). I was never on an honor roll so I don't know much about that. But I had a daughter who was and I recall being proud of her, as I am now as she writes. At last the children grow to understand better the parents.

    ReplyDelete