I Want To Be A Writer When I Grow Up

So, I thought I would start a blog to display some of my personal writings. I would love feed back on any or all of it! I welcome constructive criticism, or words of encouragement!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

SAD DAY

I was having a discouraging day a few months ago. Sometimes that happens! :-) So I wrote this poem to keep me from crying in front of my classes at school....

It’s not easy…when
All I see are imperfections
All I hear from everyone is criticism
All I feel is doubt
Being accomplished isn’t good enough
I fall short
If I can’t forgive myself…
Who can?My emotions are THINLY veiled
An imaginary smile that doesn’t reach my eyes
Desperation covers my heart
What will heal my soul?
I prayerfully implore, “Father, remember me?”
I silently sing
Psalms of hope in Christ
It calms
It soothes
Perfect? No.
Confident? No.
At peace? Most assuredly.
-2009

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Iam very sorry you are sad.:o( I hope you cheer up! Have a nice day.
    Katia

    ReplyDelete